Welcome to Fostering!
We are so thankful for you opening your home to a foster animal. You are saving 2 lives – the 1 in your home as well the open spot in a shelter in their place.
Without you, Secondhand Hounds could not be here. We have created this page as a resource for you, but if you have more questions please let us know!
The purpose of this page is to describe additional detail for our foster families. As a foster, you are a representative of Secondhand Hounds, so please review and familiarize yourself with this information. You are held to the responsibilities as outlined in our Volunteer Handbook.
If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
New Foster Questions
- Who do I contact with adoption application questions?
- When will my foster animal be available for adoption on the website?
- What do I need to provide before the animal is available for adoption?
- Does the foster have the first right to adopt?
- What happens when I receive an application from Emily(dogs) or Jen(cats)?
- What if I don’t like the adoption application for my foster?
- What if I get multiple good applications for my foster?
- How should I set up a meet and greet? Where? When?
- After I meet the applicant, what if I do NOT think it’s a good fit?
- After I meet the applicant, what if I DO think it is a good fit?
- What is a home visit?
- Who completes the Home Visit?
- How do I complete the Adoption Contract?
- When can my foster go to their adoptive home?
- Should my foster go home with all his/her supplies?
- What do I do with the supplies after my foster is adopted?